[time-nuts] Recommended parameters for Timelab ADEV analysis

Adrian rfnuts at arcor.de
Sun Nov 18 16:25:01 UTC 2012

Hi Magnus,

when I noticed the difference between frequency and time interval mode
on my 53131A, I compared some sources in both modes.
There was little difference between both modes where the signal was
above the TI mode noise floor.
Below that t-range (that is, below the point where in TI mode the signal
is buried by the 1/f slope noise floor), the frequency mode showed
significantly lower values, but I had nothing at hands to compare them
with. At least they looked plausible.

In the meantime I could replace the 53131A with a Quartzlock A7 / HP
5370B combination.
You might understand that I was no longer motivated to investigate
further, especially because the '131 showed much less 'improvement' as a
'132 which I saw a plot of but don't have access to.

Cheers,
Adrian