[time-nuts] MINI TIC implementation

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Nov 23 14:25:02 UTC 2012

We are working on a documentation package and it will the thanks to Didier
on his site. At this time three items are available and tested. A basic
dual  mixer based on the original NBS paper with modifications, a 2 channel
counter  and a 4 channel counter. Juerg is working on a LCD display that has
also  additional features. Its goal and status will be described in the
documentation.  Timing will be a function of the volunteers that help with
drawings.
The counters have not been tested with Timelab but Stable 32 and Ulrich's
software. No reason it should not work with Timelab.
The W.J.Riley D/M will also work with the counters and I am looking at the
possibility to take the best from many sources to come up with a noise
floor of  1 E-14 at 1 Hz. But let us not loose sight of the fact that most of us
  will never be able to use that kind of performance and to me the
priorities  are
Affordability
KISS "Keep it simple stupid"
Ability to assemble: as few as possible SMD's
User friendly, flexible and be used for all A/V but also frequency and
aging measurements.

Bert Kehren

In a message dated 11/23/2012 4:38:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,