[time-nuts] 12.8 MHz OCXO

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 24 16:28:34 UTC 2012

Joe the reason why its not so uncommon may not be obvious in the US :-))
12.8MHz is used as a reference for commercial and amateur PLLs in Europe
where the common channel spacing is 12.5kHz (/1024) or 6.25kHz (/2048). This
may mean that 12.8MHz oscillators may be more easily found in Europe ?? A
TCXO should be capable of 0.1ppm. I have seem a lot in mobile/cellular
product from a UK firm called Golledge but I dont know what the specs were.

Alan G3NYK