[time-nuts] 12.8 MHz OCXO

Dave G4FRE g4fre at g4fre.com
Sat Nov 24 23:39:07 UTC 2012

I had a similar requirement a couple of years back. I ended up using a $10
VCXO, and a $20 Jupiter GPS. The circuit used was the one on page 12 of
http://g4jnt.com/DDSVHFBeaconDriver.pdf by G4JNT. It just scraped in under
$50

Dave

Ww2r

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 09:01:25 -0700
From: Joseph Gray <jgray at zianet.com>
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
	<time-nuts at febo.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] 12.8 MHz OCXO

Mike,

Surprisingly, it isn' as uncommon as I first thought. The problem
seems to be the cost, however. If I can't find something within my
budget, I'll have to improvise.

Joe Gray
W5JG

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 1:53 AM, mike cook <mc235960 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 24 nov. 2012 ? 09:26, Joseph Gray a ?crit :
>
>> Can anyone recommend an inexpensive 12.8 MHz OCXO that outputs a sine
>> wave? I've looked online, but the only ones I find costs hundreds of
>> dollars. Anything 0.25 ppm or better is fine. A Vcc of 5-13.8 VDC
>> preferred.
>>
> An uncommon OCXO freq.  If it is for hobby use, I would suggest using a
more common quality reference and locking a cheap 12.8 vcxo / vctcxo to it
with a pll.