[time-nuts] GPS antenna in attic?

d.seiter at comcast.net d.seiter at comcast.net
Mon Nov 26 20:46:54 UTC 2012

Skylights and such are easy to keep leakproof, but you do have to check the plastic parts every once in a while.  Years ago I installed one of those "sun-tunnel" type tubes for a small, windowless bath, and it worked great; however, about the time I replaced the roof, I discovered that the cover dome had cracks in it.  Not just hazing, but cracks you could easily force a finger into!  They had developed within the prior year, and when the rains began, they would have let the water in- not too much, but enough.

When replacing the dome, I found that it had been acrylic, but a polycarbonate version was available for "harsh climates".  I ordered the latter, even though the helpfull "expert" said it was unnecessary. Yeah, right.

-Dave