[time-nuts] Best phase detector / mixer for 100MHz?

Adrian rfnuts at arcor.de
Tue Nov 27 10:15:50 UTC 2012

Bruce Griffiths schrieb:
> Demian Martin wrote:
>> I asked Wenzel about mixers for phase noise measurement and they
>> directed me
>> to Marki Microwave as what they use:
>> http://www.markimicrowave.com/2770/Mixers.aspx  I have not obtained or
>> tested any myself but it's a pretty solid recommendation I think.
>>
>> I got this guy to add cross correlation to his FFT software suite:
>> http://www.hpw-works.com/  however I have not built hardware to try
>> it. He
>> has a 30 day trial and its not expensive for what it is, $300.
> There's no evidence of a cross power spectrum function in this suite.
> One needs to be able to average at least 10,000 cross power spectra
> for some applications.
>
> Bruce
Here is one that does cross spectrum and more: http://www.sigview.com/
A while ago I tried it with a Xonar Essence XT sound card and the
results looked quite promising.

Then I got a 3562A to get to 100 kHz (don't follow me there! These can
be challenging to fix if not impossible. PAL's and other unobtainable
'field programmables' appear to die faster than anything else in that
boxes. Finally, I needed three of them to get one working unit...)

Adrian