[time-nuts] Z3805 two frequency maxima

Paul DeStefano paul.destefano at willamettealumni.com
Wed Nov 28 06:04:03 UTC 2012

Greetings!

 	I just joined the list a few hours ago and you have already peeked
my interest in this aside:

On Tuesday, 27 November 2012, Volker Esper wrote:
> Though the SR620 TIC is a great instrument when hunting the pico seconds
> we have to realize, that it's a thermal design desaster (I have to
> apologize to all sr620 friends). I have to run it for at least 12 hours
> if not 24 to be shure, that every single part is at a more or less
> stationary thermal state. Some (NERC) say "...never switch it off".

We have an application in which we plan to travel 7 hours with an SR620
turned off, then turn it on for 1 hour and take measurements we expect to
be accurate to less than 1ns.  I would appreciate more information about
how to get reliable data out of this instrument.

Thanks,
Paul