[time-nuts] EES RC 1454 & 100DB MSF/GPS clock

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 18:58:09 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I recently gave in and bought one of the EES (european electronic systems) RC1454 Radio Clock units that have been on ebay.co.uk for a while. The one I snagged came with a GPS antenna unit. The main unit has a label saying "GPS Modified" The main box appears to be a MSF receiver but has no obvious power connector, just two rectangular multiway sockets, a 15W D plug and two BNC's. It is a 2U high card frame with 15 PCBS and a LED display on th front. Vintage is late 1990's and both units look like new. The GPS unit has an early Oncore (R1211A) receiver and a PCB with a CPU etc. Two BNC' marked "MSF ANT" and RX looks like a mod for either MSF or GPS time. Does anyone have any information on these beore I get into major reverse engineering?

Robert G8RPI.