[time-nuts] RFX GPSDO - Anybody played with one of these?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 1 09:22:04 UTC 2012

tjv at westwood-tech.com said:
> information appeared to be non-existent.  IMHO for pretty much *everything*
> that is for sale, if you have to ask for the price it is a scam.

Yes, when it says "call for pricing", I usually drop interest.  But I
wouldn't say "scam".  How about "not targeted at my corner of the market"?

I can think of several reasons for not publishing a price.

1) The product doesn't really exist yet.  They have done the research but
haven't finished up and handed off to manufacturing.  They are looking for
initial customers so they can tune things to fit what customers really need
(and are willing to pay for).  You want the tall skinny version?  Fine, we'll
make that first.  How tall?

2) The product is tricky to use.  They want to make sure it will work well in
your application.

3) The product has lots of interacting options/parameters.  They only stock a
few combinations.  If you want to buy more than a handful, you can get a
better price by picking the right options.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.