[time-nuts] Counters for ADEV measurements

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Tue Oct 2 12:47:28 UTC 2012

Then you need a stable clock as a reference, OK, but the first move is
towards the smallest one-shot resolution. It is the same as your
multimeter: it is useless to have 6 1/2 digits resolution and a voltage
reference that wipens out the last 2 digits. The HP5345A has a resolution
of 10E-10 (page 2 of the datasheet) so it is not the best available for
precision timing measurements.