[time-nuts] GPS Jammer

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:21:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 23:01:45 +0200, Magnus Danielson
<magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

>On 10/02/2012 10:43 PM, J. Forster wrote:
>> Take a look at the specs of this unit:
>>
>> http://www.mobilephonejammer.com.au/covert-gps-jammer-portable-p-119.html
>>
>> The Power Output is 0.5 Watts and it claims a jamming range of 1-10 Meters.
>>
>> Anybody think there is something wrong?
>
>For a 500 mW jammer your jamming range should be much better. That's wrong.
>
>Cheers,
>Magnus

That is what I was thinking but I am too lazy to work out the math
right now and I do not have a 1.5GHz source for testing at the moment
anyway.  A lot depends on antenna geometry since the jammer may need
to be concealed and is unlikely to be in the high gain portion of the
receiver's antenna pattern.