[time-nuts] GPS Jammer

Frederick Bray fwbray at mminternet.com
Wed Oct 3 15:35:14 UTC 2012

Some 20 to 25 years ago a law enforcement agency in California was experimenting with GPS in its patrol cars. It required that the officer press key to report his/her location. It also had a pinging capability that the officers didn't know about. Through pinging, it was discovered that a number of the officers an interesting habit. Towards the end of their shift,  their cars would be found stationary off the street in industrial areas. While they were close enough to their assigned patrol routes to quickly respond to calls, they avoided coming upon situations they would have to handle that might involve a lot of paperwork or otherwise might hold them past the end of shift. They also used the time to finish accumulated paperwork.

I imagine that they would have liked a GPS jammer after they figured out that they were being watched.

FWBRAY

Sent from my CP/M machine.