[time-nuts] 57600 baud rate with Basic etc

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 14:53:51 UTC 2012

What aspects of USB would HP have used?  Just the complexity of a USB
OHCI/UHCI would have been economically prohibitive compared to an
asynchronous serial UART.  An OHCI/UHCI is more like an ethernet
controller and those took up the space of entire expansion boards
initially.

What they did come up with was HP-IB although I would have preferred
it to be serial and galvanically isolated.