[time-nuts] Stanford RS620 Acting up

Eric Haskell eric_haskell at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 20:59:14 UTC 2012

My RS620 became difficult to start some time back with me having to press the power button several times. Now it has been off a few months and will not turn on at all.  The fan starts but no indicators.  If I press on and off several time I saw the numeric LEDs flash briefly a few time but the unit does not come up.  I suspect that there is a bad electrolytic cap in the power supply somewhere. Before I get into it I wanted to ask if this is a common failure mode with a common fix?

Regards,
Eric Haskell