[time-nuts] GPS splitter measurements

Edgardo Molina xe1xus at amsat.org
Fri Oct 12 00:53:01 UTC 2012

Dear Peter,

If your budget is $10 for an R.F. Project, spend $1 on the radio and $9 on the antenna.

At least me, if I troubleshoot by replacing parts, I would be missing the fun, experience and learning out of it.

Just my 0.02 cents

Regards,

Edgardo Molina
Direccción
IPTEL
www.iptel.net.mx
52 55 55202444

On Oct 11, 2012, at 7:27 PM, Peter Gottlieb <nerd at verizon.net> wrote:

> A stupid question, but why would you bother testing an antenna?  I would think with antennas so cheap and labor expensive it would be far more efficient to make a single site visit and simply replace the suspect antennas with new ones.
>
> Peter
>

> On 10/11/2012 7:15 PM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
>> To test this kind of items, you have to play with DC-blocks and bias-tees.
>> Rather tedious but necessary. I know as at times I have to test
>> questionable GPS antennae that return after lightning strikes.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:09 AM, paul swed <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Magnus what would the possibility be of measuring an 8 way satellite
>>> splitter? The $7 wonders with dc pass through. That looks like a very nice
>>> network analyzer you have.
>>> Regards
>>> Paul