[time-nuts] Antique 5061A option 004

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Mon Oct 15 22:30:55 UTC 2012

David,

Congrats on the 5061A!  Good price for a 'complete' unit.  Now the only
question is 'will it function'.  I have no experience with the PRS10.

I have 9 functioning 5061 variants and I will be happy to help you try to
get it up and operational as best I can.  I am a relative 'neophyte'
compared to most on the list and there are many here with much more
experience with these 'beasts' than me.

Opt 004 is the high performance tube.  Option 001 is the clock, option 002
is the battery back up, and option 003 is both option 001 and 002.
Convenient, huh?

There are at least a couple of options for manuals.  Is it 'black face' or
'white face'?

The 'white faced' units had a 5 MHz OCXO (a 105 variant) and some of the
black faced units did as well.  There is a later variant or conversion that
uses a 10811 with a divide by 2 circuit that gets it back to 5 MHz.  The
5061B had the 10811 and brought 10 MHz out to the front panel and back
panel.

Look at Didier's site and also look at Tom Van Baak's www.leapsecond.com
site and it's 'Museum of Time and Frequency' for manuals.  I have a number
of paper manuals that might add additional information specific for your
serial number but I have not looked at them specifically for this so far.

You are correct; it is a very 'addicting' activity.  Be careful.

Good luck.

Joe