[time-nuts] RasberryPi, timing and GPS receivers

xaos at darksmile.net xaos at darksmile.net
Wed Oct 17 02:03:37 UTC 2012

The miniITX mobos are quite impressive.
There is no argument there.

However, My simple idea was this:

Since I want to keep time at 3 separate locations
and wanted stratum 1 NTP, I didn't want overkill.

Actually my reason for 3 different locations is simple:
Internet is flakey some places and sometimes just down.
I'd like to have correct time no matter what
happens to the internet.

The other thing I want to do is create a very small footprint
NTP server that basically looks like 3-4 cartons of
cigarettes stacked on top of each other.

Maybe even have the power supply on the bottom
of the stack.

I don't know if I'll be able to do this
but this is the general idea.

I think maybe something like this: