[time-nuts] HP 10811 Tuning Diode

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Oct 18 21:16:15 UTC 2012

Probably unobtainium.

0122-0244 is shown as Motorola SMV315-24 or MSI Electronics SQ529.
For whatever that's worth.  Reminds me of a popular audio amplifier
design that was in Popular Electronics using Motorola SS1122 diodes.
Some special non catalog diode.  Turns out Dan Myers, the designer,
just happened to have these in his junk box.  A gazillion other
diodes would also work.

In the 5071A, we used a 10811 with a different tuning diode that
gives a 10X larger range and is linear tuning (being hyperabrupt).
There is nothing magic about the 0122-0244.  Lots of diodes can work.

Rick Karlquist N6RK