[time-nuts] Are serial port headers standardized?

Sarah White kuzetsa at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 14:00:51 UTC 2012

On 10/20/2012 7:48 AM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
> Usually a crimp type DB9 can be wired directly to the crimp type IDC
> connector, leaving out the pin 10 of the IDC, it is missing in the header.
> But, yes, better to test as indicated by Peter.

((...snip...))
     o  <- This pin should be ground
 o   o
 o   o <- Serial out
 o   o <- Serial in
 o   o

Regards,

Pete
((...snip...))

I'm kinda wanting to try it too. Talking to myself via "realterm" on an
oldschool-ish com port instead of just poking a GPS with a builtin
USB<-->serial sounds fun.

Just need to steal a jumper off ... well... I don't have spare hardware
lying around or anything, but I think I know someone who might.

Oops, forgot what else I was going to post. Landlord had a few
contractors fixing something in the building today, and had to let them
in and help with a few minor things. Guess I'll eat breakfast now?

Still half asleep,
Sarah