[time-nuts] Are serial port headers standardized?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Oct 20 14:38:29 UTC 2012

Hi

If I remember correctly IDC = insulation displacement connector. It's the term for the type of connector you smash onto a ribbon cable. You can indeed buy the cable, the D-Conn's and the end that goes to the motherboard. Sit down with a vise and make up your own cables. Lots of fun.

Cheaper to just buy them pre-made unless you need a 15 foot long one.

Bob