[time-nuts] Are serial port headers standardized?

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Sun Oct 21 01:20:09 UTC 2012

I have seen at least three types over the years. The straight IDC
crimp on both ends is the easiest and fairly common. Also common is
the one with IDC on the motherboard end and a solder cup DB-9 on the
other. In these, I mostly saw the wires soldered to alternate rows on
the DB-9 (top, bottom, repeat). And then there were the few where
someone seemed to randomly connect things as they wanted.

Joe Gray
W5JG