[time-nuts] Are serial port headers standardized?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Oct 21 13:12:54 UTC 2012

Hi

We have made a similar transition. In the process we have demonstrated that there are a seemingly infinite number of ways to number the pins on a connector. Needless to say, that's made the process "interesting". It's one thing when you have a D-Sub with numbers moulded into the connector so you can say "this is right". When you go to the miniature connectors, you loose the built in numbers. No way (other than somebody's drawing) to prove who got it wrong..

Bottom line - be really careful when you see pin numbers on the little connectors, they are not as standard as one might like…

Bob