[time-nuts] Adjusting HP 5065A frequency

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sun Oct 21 16:43:23 UTC 2012

John
I agree with your observations. Before my time nuts time I did make the
mistake of getting rid of my 5065A since I did have a Shera disciplined FRK
and  had gotten hold of quite a few HP5061A's and FTS 4000's. Big mistake.
Gave no  attention to A/V. Phase noise yes but I went about it by focusing on a
low noise  100 MHz XO PLL as part of low noise signal generators, my key
interest.
Recently how ever I was given a 5065A RVFR and thanks to Corby I know its
performance and I am combining it with later technology, M1000, temperature
control and a modified Shera, hoping for some outstanding results. If you
are  interested contact me off list and I send you some pictures. Will take
some time  to complete because of some other time nuts projects one of which
I hope Corby  will report on.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 10/21/2012 11:58:56 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,