[time-nuts] documentation for beginners (was: Followup (still want a GPS-type NTP refclock))

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Oct 22 01:43:17 UTC 2012

Hi Hal,

Good suggestions. Let me consider them.

BTW, the best time & frequency glossary on the web so far is at:
    http://tf.nist.gov/general/glossary.htm
There's also an index at:
    http://tf.nist.gov/general/enc-index.htm

Another newcomer must-read is this excellent T&F tutorial by NIST:
    http://tf.nist.gov/phase/Properties/main.htm
"Properties of Oscillator Signals and Measurement Methods" FAQ
- What is frequency stability?
- How do I measure frequency stability?
- How do I analyze the data?
- What is an example of time domain signal processing and analysis?
- What is spectrum analysis?
- What are the problems with digitizing the data?
- How do I translate between frequency domain and time domain?
- What causes noise in a signal?

Thanks,
/tvb