[time-nuts] WWVB New Modulation five cent demodulator / carrier regenerator ?

Tom Miller tmiller at skylinenet.net
Tue Oct 23 01:00:25 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "paul swed" <paulswedb at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement"
<time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] WWVB New Modulation five cent demodulator / carrier
regenerator ?

To switch correctly at the zero point I sample the plus of the secondary
with a LM339 comparator (only using 1 section) and feed that to a SXB micro
running at 40 Mhz. Detect the zero and switch if I want. The micro programs
in basic and screams along. So I can flip at any rate or create patterns as
easily as I can think them up. Its seriously dumb, simple, and stupid. But
it lets me run tests without waiting for wwvb. I do attenuate the output
signal to about 60 uv. Generally what I see on the east coast during the
day.

Hi Paul,

Reading the spec, I think the chip wants to see about 500 UV RMS. Is that
correct?

At three cents each, it sure would be nice to find another use for it.