[time-nuts] Simple NTP server based on a Raspberry Pi

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 07:58:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Joseph Gray <jgray at zianet.com> wrote:
> I have read that there were a number of people having various USB
> problems. Some related to network, audio, etc. I understand that there
> is work being done on the USB software. I don't know if the latest
> version of Raspbian has fixed things or not. I'll be using a USB audio
> dongle when my R-Pi arrives, so I guess I'll see...

I think a lot of the flakiness on the original boards was hardware
related - you effectively had a 5V supply running through two
polyfuses to the USB devices and as a result the VBUS on the ports
could be rather low.  I replaced the fuses on my board with wire links
and it improved the behavior a lot.  Apparently the newer boards are
shipped with the USB polyfuses replaced by 0 ohm links.

The network glitches I was having didn't seem to be related to this, though.