[time-nuts] oscillators

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 2 02:41:16 UTC 2012

On 9/1/12 11:00 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> I suspect that a good IT cut would probably do better than an SC in either application. In the deep space situation, a copper slug in a dewar sounds like a reasonable addition to the design.

If you're going to do dewars, then you're talking USOs for which the
technology is quite well developed with ovens, etc.

But that's a kilo, several watts, and a liter.

What you want is something that is better than, say, 0.1 ppm, that is
comparable in mass/power/volume/cost to an existing 1-5 ppm TCXO (about
1x2x0.5 cm)