[time-nuts] Rb-Thunderbolt test during a solar eclipse

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Mon Sep 3 20:17:00 UTC 2012

azelio.boriani at screen.it wrote:
>Data: 03/09/2012 21.53

>Remember the man with two clocks: here we are in the same situation. We
>cannot tell which of the two is being screwed up or maybe both...

This is a different case. No matter what each clock does, what matters is the
variation of the difference of rates, the variation, not the difference
itself.

>Interesting experiment but I think it would be better if a
>third clock was involved, for example a Cs reference.

A four-atomic-clock test including an Rb, two Cs and an H maser had been done
at another eclipse with null result, but the clocks were at the same location.
What is new with this test is that it involves a GPSDO and hence a virtual
clock elsewhere.

Antonio I8IOV