[time-nuts] 60 Hz line quirks, anybody recognize this stuff?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Sep 4 04:08:46 UTC 2012

jfor at quikus.com said:
> At a quick look, those look plausible line transients. However, the actual
> plots look badly undersampled during the transients. The plotted results in
> the transient areas are pretty meaningless, IMO.

I agree.

I'm sampling at 16 bits, 8K samples per second, mono.

I tried 8 bits.  It wasn't enough.

I picked 8K out of the air.  It's a compromise between getting enough data
and chewing up disk space.  It's good enough for 60 Hz and would probably be
good enough to show me the next layer of glitches.

2*8K*86400 is 1.38 gigabytes per day.  I've got enough disk space so I can
run that for a week or two without having to do serious housecleaning.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.