[time-nuts] DCF77 Generation

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Sep 7 18:40:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 22:53:50 +1000
Tom Harris <celephicus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just written some code for generating DCF77 pulses given a 100ms
> clock interrupt and an accurate timestamp  from a RTC, for a mate who has
> to get some imported clock movements synced up (we are in Australia which
> has no radio time service). I did a quick search and found very little out
> there from people generating their own DCF77 data, so I thought I'd ask if
> anyone else has ever done anything similar (and why as well). We are not
> transmitting, only faking the output from a DCF77 receiver.

Elrad (an old, discontinued german electronics magazine) had once an
article on a DCF77 signal generator IIRC complete with 77.5kHz radio
signal, somewhen in the second half of the 90s. If anyone is interested,
i can try to track the article down in my archives.

			Attila Kinali

--
There is no secret ingredient
         -- Po, Kung Fu Panda