[time-nuts] New wrist Watch

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Sun Sep 9 16:34:23 UTC 2012

Stan, I have worn such a watch for many years.

I, too, do not want a digital display and I do want a sweep second hand.
In addition, I want day of month and day of week displays.

I use a low-cost, plastic watch made by Swatch. While Swatch changes
their offerings often, this model has long been available because it is
popular among nurses, for example.

This watch as a black plastic band, a white face with plain Arabic
numerals and a window for the two date functions. It is battery-powered
and quartz controlled. It has a setting stem and wheel for setting the
time and date functions. It has an external, removable cover to access
and replace the power cell, which lasts several years; you don't need to
go to a jeweler to replace the cell.

I particularly like the thin design and the light weight of this watch.
Aesthetically elegant it might not be but functional and reliable it is.
Mine is seldom off by more than a few seconds per month and the second
hand can be manually set.

A scanned image is attached.

Larry W6FUB

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, California  (SE of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)