[time-nuts] Re; New Wrist watch

mike cook mc235960 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:35:42 UTC 2012

As with the original chronometers, it is not the drift that is
important, but the stability of the drift. If you know that then getting
the correct time is simple arithmetic. That said, if you want to get low
drift numbers, a number of movements have been and are available to
improve on the average Swatch.
Have a look at <
http://issuu.com/watchlords.com/docs/thermocompensation---------methods_20110528_055911>
for a document by Bruce Reding which catalogues many.
I have a couple that are well within spec at <2s per year, the A660 from
Citizen and the 9F from Seiko.

Le 10/09/2012 16:04, David McGaw a écrit :
> It was mentioned a while back that there are watches that are
> temperature compensated.  I would be interested in knowing which are.
> The self-setting ones are nice and I have one, but I am often in
> places that are not in range the transmitter (Greenland, Antarctica
> for instance) and I would like it not to drift.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David
>

> On 9/10/12 9:57 AM, David McGaw wrote:
>> He's making a joke - If you are traveling across time zones, why not
>> just set it to UTC and be done with it?  :-)
>>
>> David
>>

>> On 9/10/12 7:57 AM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
>>> Precision is precision, whatever time scale you use. UTC, CET, TAI, use
>>> what you want but stability and accuracy is the must.

Les chiens aboient, et la caravane passe.