[time-nuts] Be aware of test equipment seller orzel-enterprises on eBay

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Mon Sep 10 22:16:55 UTC 2012

I hope the list admin does not mind this email, but I think it will be
useful to any time nut buying test equipment from eBay.

orzel-enterprises sells electronic test equipment on eBay. I would
advise anyone to think twice before purchasing from him. This is how
he shipped a vector network analyzer and S-parameter test set which I
won on an auction for $2750. It was shipped from the USA to the UK.

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/kirkby/damaged-VNA-by-inadequate-packaging/badly-shipped-8753A-and-85046A.jpg

Note the box is far too small, and so obviously both units suffered damage.

He takes no reponsibility for this, and originally expected me to ship
it back at my expense, and still pay the shipping charges from the
USA. So I'd pay for two international shipments, as well as customs
duties. After I pointed out Paypal would expect him to pay the
shipping to me, he has agreed to refund the USA -> UK shipping
charges,  but he still expects me to pay the UK -> USA shipping costs.
I object to this, since it was his total stupidity the thing not
damaged. I don't see why I should pay for someone elses stupidity.

Dave.