[time-nuts] Re; New Wrist watch

Michael Tharp gxti at partiallystapled.com
Mon Sep 10 22:50:55 UTC 2012

On 09/10/2012 06:36 PM, Bob Smither wrote:

> May not be redundant for time nuts! I have an NTP client on my Android and it
> shows the network time (Sprint in my case) is often as much as 2 seconds behind UTC.
>
> Anyone else noticed this?

It may not really be using network time, or not using it properly. I had
a first-gen Palm Pre that, despite having no fewer than 3 precise time
sources at its disposal, would lose minutes per week and required a
reboot to synchronize. Eventually a software update fixed it. Seems to
be an ailment unique to smartphones.