[time-nuts] Subject: Be aware of test equipment seller orzel-enterprises on eBay

Gregory Muir engineering at mt.net
Tue Sep 11 04:16:59 UTC 2012

I'm surprised that it has worked for me so many times and there were instances when the seller thanked me for helping them pack the item properly.  It doesn't hurt to help educate those who don't understand.  Others may benefit from it.  Ignorance can be fixed.  Stupidity can't.

I worked in a position in industry where I had to frequently pack very delicate scientific instrumentation I had designed for shipment.  I would bring the smaller packages down to the shipping & receiving department for dispatch.  The sage old department supervisor would hold the package above his head and say "If I drop this, will the contents survive?"  In my earlier times, I would silently take the package back to my office and give more careful consideration to how it was packed.  That was my education and the payoff was a few years later when I became responsible for overseeing the packing and loading of entire aircraft to deliver scientific experiments around the world.  Nothing ever got damaged on my watch.

Greg