[time-nuts] SC Cut

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Sep 11 16:08:12 UTC 2012

In message <CAA-F0u_NoDs3PYR384pHP4-v53QO7cjnMZD0osTApMgO9GW3tg at mail.gmail.com>
, Pete Lancashire writes:

>Curious who came up with the SC cut first ?

I think I saw that mentioned in a BSTJ article I read recently.

I'm reading them all, end to end, so don't ask me which one...

Go here: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bstj/

Search for "quartz" or any other interesting word, but only if you
have nothing important to do for a couple of hours...

My favorite so far:

The incredible short timespan from somebody noticed that a diode
with a scratch in the black coating produced a voltage when light
hit it, until the launched a satellite covered in solar cells...