[time-nuts] Be aware of test equipment seller orzel-enterprises oneBay

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Tue Sep 11 21:27:50 UTC 2012

On 11 September 2012 21:32, Don Latham <djl at montana.com> wrote:
> Two things about this. First, needs to be clearly stated that buyer pays
> for return shipping. I've seen this stated. Second, I note that of late,
> sellers are padding the hell out of the sales through excessive, even in
> some cases grotesque, shipping costs. They're bf high enough as it is...
> Don

I don't think that is necessarily the sellers fault. I've seen
auctions where sellers have stated the shipping fees are set by eBay,
but are excessive, and to contact them for a real shipping price.

Perhaps this is only on international orders, but I often find sellers
ship things at about 25% of the stated fees. A friend of mine today
was telling me something had a shipping fee of $900, but when he
queried it, he was quoted $150.

Dave.