[time-nuts] Be aware of test equipment seller

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Tue Sep 11 22:32:28 UTC 2012

Gary wrote:

>Fedex ground is awful. Fedex air is fine.

That is our experience, as well.  It may vary from region to region
-- the FedEx ground service uses contractors for local delivery.  Our
contractor seems to take pride in damaging as many items as badly as
possible.  I have witnessed them throw a heavy package from inside
the truck to crash on the pavement (dropping from waist height inside
the truck, so maybe 5 feet to the ground), then "rolling" the package
(the box, I mean -- no hand truck) across the street, over the curb,
up the walkway, and up the front stoop.  We always specify "no Fedex
Ground" before paying and cancel transactions when sellers will not
agree.  (For similar reasons, we specify "no USPS" for anything heavy
-- leaving just UPS, which we have found to be the best of the ground
carriers.  YMMV and probably will.)

FedEx Express is, perhaps, the best of the carriers in our
experience, but that ethic does not seem to have begun to seep into
the Ground operation.

Best regards,

Charles