[time-nuts] SC Cut

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 12 00:22:08 UTC 2012

On 9/11/12 3:58 PM, Magnus Danielson wrote:
> On 09/12/2012 12:00 AM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
>> There is plenty of documentation at the IEEE web
>> site in the UFFC society's section. EerNisse
>> gave a paper at the Frequency Control Symposium
>> on it at the time. Kusters followed up a year
>> later with experimental data. I am not aware of
>> any controversy about these two guys being the
>> inventors, and I have attended many FCS's. I
>> don't know how you prove to the Wiki police that
>> there is no paper predating EerNisse's paper.
>> Maybe there is a patent on it.
>
> UFFC has some excellent resources on the web which does not require you
> to be a member to use:
> http://www.ieee-uffc.org/frequency_control/teaching.asp

Kusters died this March..  in his "in memoriam" thing, they mention this

1981 Ultransonics Symposium
John A. Kusters, "The SC CUT CRYSTAL - AN OVERVIEW", pp 402-409

Has a bunch of references.. TS theory in 74, TTC experimental
confirmation in 75, SC (stress compensated) theory in 75, actual
experimental evidence in 78