[time-nuts] Fedex Was Be aware of test equipment seller

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Wed Sep 12 01:42:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 06:05:11PM -0700, J. Forster wrote:
> The customs fees and provincial and federal taxes are Canadian government
> issues. Take it up with your MP. IMO, Canada Customs are a real PITA.

	Or just use USPS.

	It's not so much an issue with customs, as an issue with the
brokerage fees that UPS and FedEx pay (and bill back to you.)

	A friend of mine got charged $20 to ship a small, $4 part,
and then $80 in fees.

	After that he had me start cross-shipping items for him via
USPS.  No problems since.  No cheating here -- I declare the full value
of the item and include a copy of the invoice.

	So it doesn't seem like a customs issue, but a brokerage issue,
and unfortunately the private carriers use those brokers.

	--msa