[time-nuts] Fedex Was Be aware of test equipment seller

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 12 02:03:57 UTC 2012

Nope.. In my experience importing "typical time nuts items" into Canada Fedex in Canada charges a signficant "brokerage fee" that is typically many times higher than fees charged by other carriers I have used for the same service (collecting taxes and duties on behalf of the Canadian Government.)  This is a fundametally different fee than the ones that Fedex or other carriers collect on behalf of the Canadian Government.  I've spoken to Fedex about this several times and have gotten no where in getting Fedex to waive or reduce this so I choose to avoid Fedex.  I've also told Fedex that I will wish to avoid dealing with vendors tha only want to ship via Fedex.   I doubt Fedex cares about my views but I can choose not to use them.   From time to time I advise vendors that I would be happy to buy from them if they will use another method of shipping.