[time-nuts] Fedex Was Be aware of test equipment seller

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Wed Sep 12 14:07:38 UTC 2012

   That is such a large barrier to entry for someone like me that I would
   never be able to move to the UK!
   Sep 12, 2012 09:20:16 AM, time-nuts at febo.com wrote:

     On 12 September 2012 03:03, Mark Spencer wrote:
     > Nope.. In my experience importing "typical time nuts items" into
     Canada Fedex in Canada charges a signficant "brokerage fee" that is
     typically many times higher than fees charged by other carriers
     Since I have the paperwork in front of me, as I need to pay it, here
     is the fees from DHL on a 20 GHz vector network analyzer I imported
     from the USA to the UK.
     Duty A-L-0.00
     VAT A-L-2099.46
     Other levey A-L-0.00