[time-nuts] Z3801 Replacement GPS Receiver Card

Art Sepin art at synergy-gps.com
Mon Sep 17 21:18:58 UTC 2012

The original VP Oncore Engineering Notes document can be found here:

http://www.synergy-gps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=60

Unlike later 8 channel UT, UT+ and 12 channel M12+ and M12M timing receivers, the VP Oncore included an "Idle Mode." If the VP Oncore receives an @@Cf "Set to Defaults" command, it will remain in Idle Mode until given a  @@Cg command which puts the receiver in Position Mode. The 6 channel  @@Ba or the 8 channel @@Ea command will then produce the Position Message. The full VP Oncore Command/Reply message set is available here:

http://www.synergy-gps.com/images/stories/guides/vpcommands.pdf

Art Sepin