[time-nuts] Frequency satndard on ebay UK / sulzer manuals

Jeroen Bastemeijer J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
Tue Sep 18 07:04:56 UTC 2012

Dear Tom, Luciano, all,

Thank you for your comments. The Sulzer is not intended to be used as a
high accuracy standard. The oscillator fits nicely to some old radio's
;-) However, I think (not measured) that stability of the oscillator is
better then the average stability of a modern low budget oscillator.

Therefore it would be nice to have it up and running. The schematic on
the website of  Tom was very helpful. Basically it would be sufficient
for trouble-shooting/repair. However, I would like to figure out the
numbers which should be indicated by the moving coil meter on the front.

I did a quick measurement with a HP counter 53230A (without a very
stable reference). The number shown for the allen variation (after a
couple of hours) was 1.5mHz on the 5MHz signal. (Maybe this number shows
the stability of the HP....??) This number gives good hope, according to me.

Is there a source for manuals on these instruments? I checked the site
of KO4BB, unfortunately he doesn't have a PDF of the manual.

Best regards, Jeroen