[time-nuts] 100 watt & higher LED power supply...

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Tue Sep 18 12:56:08 UTC 2012

Time-Nutters--

OK-- So flicker would be objectionable running off a
rectified 110VAC line.    My thinking was to find
a way around needing a current limiter that would
waste energy as heat.   Rectifying (and some filtering)
of the 110AC line seemed to be one approach.

  I am thinking of building a several hundred watt LED
light for over my workbench by mounting the LEDs on
an existing frame for a 4-lamp (long-tube) fluorescent lamp
fixture and using the large surface area of the metal
frame as a heat sink.

The 100 watt LEDS are on eBay but I have not seen
the current-limiting drivers for them on eBay.

Mike Baker