[time-nuts] HP-106 and Sulzer Quartz Crystals

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Sep 19 14:56:44 UTC 2012

Hi

For a time standard crystal, the real question is "how much room do you
have?". If volume / power / cost is not a concern, there are a lot of ways
you could go. The market has moved away from the big old beasts mainly
because people simply don't have the room for them any more.

That said, a BVA running on a 5th overtone at about 1 MHz in a 4" or so
glass bottle likely would do pretty well. I suspect you could get a batch
made for around $1M.

Bob