[time-nuts] WWVB PM Receiver

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 22:15:06 UTC 2012

Brooke
There is indeed additional detail in the spec that we had not seen. So I
will do some reading tonight.
However I am still working on the d-psk-r and at least at this point may
have a mod that works. It does on my local home brew bpsk generator even
when I add a great deal of noise. Though the noise added is really a flat
noise nothing like the ugly stuff on 60 KHz with impulse and such. But what
I have is not a very generalized approach.
Whats very interesting and others have mentioned there can be some very
creative ways to approach the BPSK if all you are interested in is getting
rid of the BPSK. You can down convert the signal and sample on a sound card
using tools like Spectrum Lab. Talk about a sledge hammer approach. Its
pretty interesting.
But like you I am curious is there a chip set that does the magic available
from DigiKey for $3.95? Would hope that what ever comes out might have a
phase control signal. Or does this cost an arm and a leg?
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL