[time-nuts] usb gps devices

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:31:52 UTC 2012

The pulse per second output on the Garmin serial/CMOS interface units
is only specified to be within 1 microsecond.  I guess they are
commonly used to synchronize NTP servers where any extra precision
would be lost in network transport anyway.

I have been thinking of picking one up cheap to test since the
specification is so vague.  1 microsecond makes me think that the
pulse per second output is generated from a 1 MHz asynchronous clock.