[time-nuts] Vintage General Radio Frequency Calibrator

George Race george at mrrace.com
Wed Sep 26 21:50:53 UTC 2012

I have an old, but looks just like new, General Radio FR46/URM-18 Frequency
Calibrator.

It is a rack mount and has a metal container that has inner box that is an
oven.  In the center of the oven is a suspended quartz block, hung by spring
like devices in all directions.  The front panel has a thermometer that
reads the temp of the oven.  There is also a meter on the front panel marked
0 - 200 Micro amps.

There is an electronics deck in the rear with a couple of tubes, and a
adjustment pot.  There are a pair of cables with large military type
connectors hanging from the back of the unit.  One goes to the oven box, the
other to the electronics deck.  I expect that would be the connections for
the external power supply, that is not part of this panel.

Does it have any value?  Something that I should put on eBay?  Or should be
tossed in the dump.

It is such beautiful workmanship, it seems a shame to just toss it out or
destroy it.

Thought and ideas please,

George