[time-nuts] Low power timekeeping

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 27 17:07:52 UTC 2012

Hi Chris when the British Post Office (later BT) ran radio stations, the
station standard was usually in a hole 30 feet deep. Crystals were made in
our own "Factory", a section of the Research department, so the crystals
would have been cut to suit UK conditions. Maintaining systems were usually
Meecham Bridge and the crystals most probably Essen rings which are fairly
massive bits of Quartz.

Alan
G3NYK